If you’re anything like me you’ve got a few extra pounds hanging on. Sure I could give up drinking, eat less chips, exercise more or maybe go the Keto way and just give up everything I love….regardless this post isn’t about any of that.
Dinner rolls…. because bread is good!
1 HOUR ROLLS (or slightly longer)
(small batch-makes 9-10)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 pack of yeast (about a tsp)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup of water
- whatever herbs you want to add or don’t
- In a mixer bowl, dissolve yeast, sugar and water. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add softened butter, flour, salt and any herbs you want to add.
- Mix for 5 minutes in the stand mixer (if it’s too wet add a little flour, too dry add a bit of water).
- Cover the bowl with plastic and set aside for 20 mins.
- Punch down dough.
- Preheat oven 400F.
- Divide into 9-10 equal sized pieces and make into a ball.
- Spray pan and put dough balls in.
- Optional….cover and leave for another 20 minutes.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and brush with butter.
My 4 year old son often helps me measure out the ingredients, it’s a forgiving recipe and super easy.