I’m not really sure if this is any better for you than any other blondie you’ve made before, unless it came out of a box…. that stuff should never be consumed….. or at least not unless you’ve had a few drinks!
I found a recipe online for a blondie (made with chickpeas, honey and peanut butter) that claimed to be only 193 calories per slice (they were small slices) but when I added up the ingredients it just doesn’t work. On a good day that recipe was pushing 400 plus calories. But it was on the internet so must be true….. yeah sure!
I started making it and decided to change things up a little. As such I’ve reduced the calorie (the real amount) and sugar content and my 4 year old still made short work of it!
1 can of chickpeas (rinsed)
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 TBS almond milk
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Grease a 8 or 9 inch baking pan
- Put all ingredients minus the salt and chocolate chips in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Mix in the chocolate chips by hand
- Pour mixture into pan and sprinkle with coarse salt
- Bake in oven for 30 – 35 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when it starts to pull away from the sides. It’ll probably still feel soft.
- Let rest for 15 plus minutes before cutting and eating.
- Store in the fridge and can be reheated in the microwave for 10-15 seconds late at night!
So mine comes out under 300 calories (HONESTLY) and if I do say so is delicious….. And it’s really not that hard to make.
I dare you to make it for your friends and not tell them it’s got chickpeas in it until after they’re on their second piece!
300 calories based on the ingredients I used and the slice being cut into 9 slices.